Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sirens

I drove home yesterday to a police blockade 2 blocks from my house, so I had to take a detour to get home.  As I sit at the kitchen table now, creating materials for the first instructional week of school, I hear glaring, piercing sirens flying towards some emergency not too far away.  Unsettling.  
As I sit at my kitchen table and peer out the window, I also see children playing and laughing and the neighbors mowing/trimming their "yard," planting flowers, etc.  Perhaps I need only look for the children and the flowers and everything will be alright.
I found this flower on my walk back from the Fort Totten metro a few weeks ago. 
Given 20 sheets of paper, a roll of tape, and a ruler, construct the sturdiest structure you can within 30 minutes. 

No comments: