Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mountains

I want to go to the mountains.  Something in me yearns to be outside in the crisp mountain air, away from honking and stop lights and tight schedules and broken windows and graffiti and unfinished, broken down buildings.  What is changing inside me?  I've had a burning heart for urban missions and city life since I was about 15 - almost ten years.  While I still love urban communities and I'd die for my kids at Chavez, lately my heart longs for a simplicity and beauty of more rural areas.  It's surprising to even type those words because I have never felt called to rural life, mountain communities, farmland, etc.  Maybe I just really enjoyed my hikes in the Andes up to Machu Picchu and now I'm feeling nostalgic?  Perhaps I miss the Black Sea and long to be back there with those people, ministering relationally and praying constantly and drinking cai?  Or ... could it be that a new season in a different place is on the horizon for me?  Prayers appreciated :).  All of the pictures below are from my time in Turkey last summer when we were traveling throughout the Black Sea region.  
Beyond mountains there are mountains.
Mehmet
Our group!
The ladies. Miss you, Sumer.

Pray.






No comments: