Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Come And Listen

Maybe I write things because I can't [I don't] tell my parents, and because even my closest friends don't understand The City. Very few people (including a lot / most people in the Church) seem to be interested in the details, or even in the Why. If you want to know the details, just ask. It is my joy to boast in His good works. Sometimes I am no good at communicating. But just come and listen; let me tell you what He has done for me, what He has done for you, what He has done for ... the refugees.  

More than anything, I want people to know I'm not doing these things because they're the "cutting-edge" human rights issues to focus on or because it's "exciting" & dangerous or because I'm "obsessed with helping poor kids" (as I imagine Hedden would put it). . . . I do these things because God said to do right, to seek justice, to encourage the oppressed, to defend the cause of the fatherless, to plead the case of the widow; He said to act justly and to love mercy; He said to remember those who are mistreated as if I myself were suffering. I do these things because Christ is my model and Christ was the servant of all.

John 3:30

No comments: