Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Adventure continues!

Drum roll, please :)

. . .

I found out last night at exactly 6:43PM - with Connor looking over my shoulder in eager anticipation - that I have been extended an invitation to join the 2010 Teach For America corps!!
My offer is to teach secondary mathematics (grades 7-12) in the D.C. Region! Ha! Oh, the divine intervention throughout it all!
The D.C. Region includes the District of Columbia and Prince George's County, Maryland. I was placed in the district. I'll begin interviewing with principals in March and I'll train all summer in Philadelphia before beginning my teaching assignment at either a public or charter middle or high school in the amazing DC!

I am so grateful! So blessed! So excited! So nervous!

WASHINGTON, D.C. for the next TWO YEARS . . . here I come!

Much more to come about all this.

-

PS: I'm now 22 years old. Wow. Old fart.

No comments: