Thursday, May 31, 2012

Today

Today, the kids were @#$%!ing nuts.
Today, I feel like a complete failure as a teacher.  (How's that for vulnerability?) 
Today, I feel like the kids hate me.
Today, I hate that I yelled at them.
Today, it sucks that they were so, so disrespectful and ridiculous.

There are a lot of days when my job totally rocks; there are many days when I can truly say I love what I do.  ... but ...
Today, my job sucks. (Because the kids were ridiculous and terrible, and because I sucked, too). 

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I know this was about a week ago, but I'm just now figuring out using blogger and it came up on my dashboard. I know exactly how you feel, and I appreciate that you posted this. Teaching is hard- and there are magical moments and awful days like this one. Sometimes I think teachers either only harp on the bad, or only brag about the good. I like the balance you give- I can relate!I have definitely felt like this- usually with the "and I suck, too" sort of realization :)