Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Like I'm Living

He's singing a song over me.

"Make a promise to me now
Reassure my heart somehow
that the love that I feel
is so much more real
than anything.
I have a feeling in my soul
and I pray that I'm not wrong
And that the life I have now,
it is only the beginning
It feels like I'm born again.
It feels like I'm living
for the very first time
." - Third Day

One of the first teachings at Redeemed was on claiming our identities in Christ. The lesson included several Scriptural references to our being "born again." Prior to this teaching, I had always been somewhat skeptical of these metaphors. It's not that I didn't believe what is clearly in the Bible, but that these verses tended to be difficult for me to truly internalize. After the teaching, independent study, and prayer, I started to believe and accept and internalize it more than ever. My identity is a new creation.. Old = gone; new = here, and radiant. I am not the same as I was, and nothing can change who I am... who He says I am. I am His and I am known. And so I feel like I'm living and it feels like I'm born again. I've got this unexplainable energy and inspiration; I've got an explosion of life within me.

No comments: