Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Stressed = Desserts. Ha. That is ironically appropriate.
I AM SO STRESSED OUT!
But life is very good. I should not complain. I am blessed with work, school, opportunity, friends, and family.
(Then why do I feel so lonely sometimes?)

A day in the life:

5:30 - wake to "Door Bell" alarm on my phone;
6:00 - 7:15 - shower, [professional] dress, coffee, cereal & banana, e-mailS, gather 3 bags to hold all my junk!, drive to work;
8:00 - arrive at the H.T. Edwards Building, walk to SSW offices;
8:10 - check [work] e-mail. (20 new e-mails since last night?);
8:30 - Child Find screenings set-up;
9:00 - begin intake assessments for mothers of 3 year olds who may qualify for special education services;
9:45 - realize I don't know how to politely move a client on in the intake questionnaire because it's 45 minutes later and we're still talking about how she didn't even want to get pregnant; make a mental note to learn assertive facilitation skills later;
10:35 - do a D-3 for the psychologist because we're behind and short-staffed. (I don't know how to do a D-3, nor am I qualified, but I read it over quickly and successfully complete the cognitive / social-emotional / adaptive-behavioral assessment portions);
11:15 - feel sad that one mother brought her 7 year old DHH son to this preschool screening;
12:30 - team meeting during lunch; check TFA and UGA e-mails during lunch while taking notes on each case; create a professional development self-reflection doc. in 15 minutes (due EOB!);
1:45 - input data into campus student information system;
2:00 - home visit with supervisor to find out why child has been sleeping at school so much; see the power has been cut off in home for weeks; get pit in my stomach from realizing a DFCS report may be necessary in a few months when it's cold and there's still no electricity;
3:15 - review last week's YES Committee case notes; can't make sense of child sexual abuse cases...
4:00 - leave work;
5:00 - meet K and A for discipleship/counseling; listen to them pour out their hearts; try to be an encouragement; try to offer wisdom; teach on identity;
6:15 - drive to Teach For America team meeting; get snack and diet coke on the way;
6:55 - arrive
7:00 - receive J's call; put us on conference; realize one member is still absent; try to cover for him;
7:10 - review deliverables; discuss SLX tracking systems; plan for presentation at RLF exec. board meeting tomorrow;
9:15 - leave team meeting;
9:30 - get home, talk with roommate;
10:15 - crappy junky carb filled overeating dinner;
10:30 - respond to UGA, TFA, Redeemed, and CCSD e-mails;
11:00PM - start homework;
1:30AM - bed.

Where is Kelley in all this?

Repeat...
5:30 - wake.

I can't do this much longer.
I crave sleep.

Desserts?

1 comment:

Lcurtright said...

Wow. What a day. I wish you lived next door to me. Love you.